Schaumburg, IL Home Inspector & Radon Testing
Firehouse Home Inspections offer professional home inspection and radon testing services in Schaumburg, IL.
I wanted to share some great resources for new residents in Schaumburg, Illinois. Here you will find great information and resources about your new city:
- Schaumburg is the premier suburban business destination in Illinois. Schaumburg is home to more businesses in Illinois than any other community outside of Chicago.
- In 2018 Money magazine ranked the Village of Schaumburg the Best Place to Live in Illinois.
- Schaumburg has one of Illinois’s two IKEA stores.
- Schaumburg Township remained almost exclusively under German ownership until the Great Depression of the 1930s. German was the first language of the majority of households until the 1950s.
- The main public school district is Community Consolidated School District 54.
- The Schaumburg Township District Library, located in Schaumburg, Illinois, is the second-largest public library in Illinois.
- The village does NOT require vehicle stickers, but vehicles should be current in their registration with the Illinois Secretary of State.
Contact us today if you are looking for quality home inspection and radon testing services in Schaumburg, IL.
Additional Area of Inspection
Sewer Service Lines
Cast iron pipes were commonly utilized in Schaumburg, Illinois before the mid-1980s. These are more liable to cracks and deteriorate, especially when underground. If most or all of the line is in bad shape, then replacement could also be necessary. The homeowner owns and maintains the sewer service from the house up to and including the connection to the main. Cast-iron sewer pipes can last anywhere from 50 years to 65 years. In many cases, a cast-iron pipe can last for much longer than that. Some sources believe the lifespan may be up to 75 years, and longer. All in all, cast iron sewer pipes are made to last for many years exclusive of certain factors. Our Schaumburg home inspector will give you all the info you need going forward/pre-purchase.
ComEd’s Smart Ideas for Your Home program offers discounts on select energy-efficient lighting and rebates on ENERGY STAR-qualified clothes washers and entire HVAC replacements. They also offer an energy assessment for your home and home utility energy efficiency loans for select refrigerators, clothes washers, or central air conditioning systems.
Nicor’s Energy Efficiency Service
Nicor’s Energy Efficiency Program offers rebates to its customers for qualified natural gas furnaces, whole HVAC replacement, gas water heaters, space heating boilers, and more. All current Nicor Gas residential customers are eligible to apply for the program.
Schaumburg’s Handworker Service
Schaumburg’s “Handyworker Program”: to assist low and moderate-income seniors and persons with disabilities with minor repairs. Funds are provided through the Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG), which is allocated to the Village by the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development. The village provides eligible, owner-occupied residents with grants for minor repairs. Seniors age 62 and older or persons with disabilities who own their home and income qualify are eligible to submit an application.
Rental’s Properties Service
Rental Properties: The village requires a Rental License for all single-family and multi-family residential rental properties within the village. As part of the Rental Property Inspection Program, the exterior and interior of each rented-single family home are inspected by the village every three years. Landlords are also required to attend a Crime Free Housing Seminar hosted by the Schaumburg Police Department as a condition of receiving a valid license. The class must be completed once and the license is renewed annually.
Do I need a permit for home projects in Schaumburg IL?
Before you begin a construction project at your home, call the Community Development Department at 847-923-4420 to determine if you need a permit. Visit Schaumburg’s Licenses and Permits page for more information and for the full list of construction projects that require a permit. Here are just a few of the items that require a permit or license.
- Building a Fence, Garage, Shed, Deck, Swimming Pool, Patio, or other accessory structure
- Remodeling your Basement, Bathroom, or Kitchen
- Adding or replacing a Driveway
- Constructing a Firepit or Fireplace
- Operating a business out of your home may require a Home Based Business License
- Permits for Air Conditioners, Electrical, Furnaces, Roofing, and Siding are among those that are issued over the counter with submittal of the Residential Express Permit Application
- Permits are NOT required to conduct a Garage Sale
If you have any questions about your Property Tax bill or your property assessment, contact Schaumburg Township (which is separate from the Village of Schaumburg) at 847-884-0030.
Residential Rehabilitation Program
The Village of Schaumburg provides a Residential Rehabilitation Loan Program to assist residents with the correction of code violations, substandard living conditions, health or safety hazards, deficiencies in the home, and weatherization improvements. Funds are provided through the Community Development Block Grant program allocated to the village by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Priority is given to homeowners who are seniors or disabled.
About Schaumburg’s Most Reliable
Home Inspector Co.
For more than 10 years, Firehouse Home Inspections has been providing Palatine, Illinois residents with reliable home inspections, radon testing, and commercial/residential inspections. With us, it’s all about YOU. Our goal is to provide exceptional customer service along with the best possible home inspection to ensure overall satisfaction.
Our home inspector team is reliable and ready to help you. If you are looking for the best home inspector, and radon testing, in the Schaumburg area, count on Firehouse Home inspections to take care of your future home.
How our home inspector-radon test can help you?
I will inspect your home as if I was to inspect it for my own family. You will receive your home inspector report within 24 hours, (I always try to complete the home inspection report on the same day of the inspection, but sometimes these do tend to take 4 hours on older homes so please bear with me.) I believe inspections should be as thorough as possible and that will reflect in your Schaumburg, IL home inspector report. I hope I get a chance to work with you! – Patryk
Rental Program Overview
Under this program, every residential rental property is required to be inspected by the city and to obtain an annual Rental Dwelling License.